All about methane hydrate
Research of MH21
- Accomplishments and Issues of Phase 1
- Basic Policy and Research System for Phase 2
- Goals and Research Themes for Research Group for Field Development Technology
- Goals and Research Themes for Research Group for Production Method and Modeling
- Goals and Research Themes for Research Group for Resources Assessment
- Goals and Research Themes for Environmental Impact Assessment Team
- Other Challenges
Research Consortium for Methane Hydrate Resources in Japan
"Research Consortium for Methane Hydrate Resources in Japan"(also known as MH21), an industry-government-academia collaboration research group, was established in FY2001 in order to undertake research in accordance with "Japan's Methane Hydrate R&D Program" announced in July 2001.
"Japan's Methane Hydrate R&D Program" is comprised of three phases. Phase 1 was finished in FY2008 and Phase 2 was started in FY2009.
This website introduces information concerning methane hydrate development in Japan, including basic information on methane hydrate and the accomplishments of MH21 in Phase 1.
Infomation2015/11/09 Nankai gas hydrates drilling special JMGP issue has now been published online
2011/03/11 Japan’s Methane Hydrate R&D Program
2011/01/17 Implementation plan for Phase 2
2010/12/01 International Symposium on Methane Hydrate Resources has been concluded successfully
What's new !2017/01/18 Server Maintenance from 0AM to 8AM on Feb 22 New!
2013/03/12 「Gas Production from Methane Hydrate Layers Confirmed」